Arrl Third Party Agreement

Canada is the exception to those mentioned above. The United States and Canada share an automatic reciprocal operating agreement. U.S. fans must have proof of U.S. citizenship and their valid U.S. license. Identification for American amateurs is the American call, which is separated by a line and the identifier of the corresponding Canadian prefix (for example. B N1KB/VE3). In all other cases or as indicated by the national approval body, the prefix shall be placed in front of the call signal. For more information on operations in the United States and Canada, visit the RAC website.

A complete overview of the countries with which the United States has mutual agreements can be found in the "US Amateurs Travelling and Operating Abroad" document (Article 4) on the "US Opera Amateursting Overseas" FAQ page. * There is an automatic mutual agreement between the United States and Canada, so there is no need to apply for authorization. Simply sign your U.S. call, followed by a slash and the Canadian ID of the letter/number. The following countries have signed a reciprocal operating agreement with the United States. Additional information Note: At the end of a third-party traffic exchange with a station abroad, an FCC licensed amateur must transmit the foreign channel`s call sign as well as their own call sign. We have gathered here some information that will help you collaborate with your scouting partner in the implementation of this event. You should also check out information from the American Relay League in In the absence of agreement between countries, amateur broadcasters often have to apply for a mutual operating licence or a full amateur radio licence and a call signal from the host country. Some countries may accept foreign amateur radio licences as proof of qualification instead of examination requirements[1], while other host countries may unilaterally grant mutual privileges without the need for an additional licence. As a licensed amateur radio, you must of course abide by fcc rules regarding frequency, power, signal quality, etc.

Third-party traffic is authorized by the FCC. Therefore, Scouts may speak to other Scouts if both stations are licensed by the FCC. If the station you are in contact with is outside U.S. jurisdiction, an agreement must be entered into with third parties between the United States and that country`s telecommunications authority. If there is an agreement, American Scouts can speak directly to Scouts in that country. If this is not the case, the licensed amateur broadcaster must speak on behalf of the Scouts. The full list of countries that have agreements with third parties with the United States is available at this link: In 2009, the Electronic Communications Committee (ECC) revised the CEPT Novice Radio Amateur License, a separate agreement to include reciprocal operating privileges for beginners in certain CEPT countries under modified terms.

European mutual privileges have been restored to American General Class Operators, at least in part, as novice CEPT operators. [2] When an unauthorized ham talks about an amateur radio, it is the third part. The other two are licensed amateurs at both ends. So as soon as the question mentions an unlicensed person speaking, look for "third party" in the answer. Some nations have a so-called "bilateral" operating agreement with the United States. This means that amateurs from any country have the opportunity to operate from the other country. But beware: just because there is a bilateral agreement does not mean that you can simply go and operate in the other country. .