2012-03-10 09:45:16list of non-peer reviewed papers
Sarah
Sarah Green
sarah@inlandsea...

A place to list abstracts that look like they're from non-peer reviewed sources, for later checking by whomever is checking these.

Living On Credits

One way to tackle global warming is to give people a 'carbon ration' that limits their emission of greenhouse gases. Helen Pilcher spends one week living on an allowance of carbon credits estimated for the year 2050, and finds that saving the planet can play havoc with your lifestyle.

2012-03-10 10:23:24
Sarah
Sarah Green
sarah@inlandsea...

News article.

Toxicology And The Environment - An Iupac Teaching Programme For Chemists

Increasingly chemists are faced with legislation requiring assessment of hazard and risk associated with the. production, use, and disposal of chemicals. In addition the general public are concerned ab out the dangers that they hear may result front the widespread use of chemicals. They look to. the chemist for explanations and assume that chemists understand such matters. When they discover that chemists are often ignorant of the potential of chemicals to cause harm, their confidence in the profession is lost and chemophobia may result. In 1993 IUPAC agreed a joint project between the Toxicology Commission and the Committee on Teaching of Chemistry to produce a multi- author book, 'Fundamental Toxicology for Chemists'. This book has been published in 1996. A second, expanded edition has been published early in 2006 by the Royal Society of Chemistry. The textbook is associated with an ongoing distance learning programme which is available through the internet and on CD. The distance learning programme currently consists of seven units one of which deals specifically with environmental toxicology. The contents of each unit are explained as each has some input into environmental matters. In addition the programme includes a case study of dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane (DDT) and a paper on toxicology and ethics, both of which are presented. Each unit includes assessment exercises, some of which are demonstrated.

2012-03-10 17:29:32
Ari Jokimäki

arijmaki@yahoo...

I have added a note "peer-reviewed?" for each paper I think might be good to check.

2012-03-16 15:00:32
Sarah
Sarah Green
sarah@inlandsea...

I've also added "peer reviewed?" in the comment field.

here's another one:

Global Warming Heats Up - Chemical Producers Divided On Bush's Climate Plan.

2012-03-16 15:02:07Sounds like a good plan
John Cook

john@skepticalscience...

After we've done rating, we'll go through and eliminate any non-peer-reviewed papers from the sample. I'll add a feature allowing you to filter your papers by searching through your notes so you can search for "peer review" or "peer-review" to bring up those papers you've flagged.

2012-03-19 12:32:34
Sarah
Sarah Green
sarah@inlandsea...

not peer reviewed:

Climate Of Change