2011-02-01 01:01:50Embedded video issue on blog posts
Daniel Bailey
Daniel Bailey
yooper49855@hotmail...

There is a problem with embedded video on blog posts. 

The problem is that when you open up the post for editing, the embedded video link disappears.  Completely.  I had just opened Mila's latest post (on the CIA World Factbook) to fix a typo and noticed the link at the end disappeared when I opened the blog.  This had happened to me before on the Greenland post I had done earlier, so I exited without saving, found the video embedding link & saved it to clipboard.  When I then opened Mila's post I was able to just recopy in the embedding link & fix the other typo's.

I know how to work around the issue, but don't understand why it happens.  Are others experiencing this or is it just me?

2011-02-01 01:30:27Youtube
John Cook

john@skepticalscience...
Ah, well, that explains why that blog post went pear shaped all on its own. Mystery solved :-)

It's a problem with the WYSIWYG system which filters out certain code. Haven't worked it out yet, I'm afraid, other than to turn off the WYSIWYG system when adding YouTubes.

2011-02-01 02:03:33Thanks
Daniel Bailey
Daniel Bailey
yooper49855@hotmail...

Will do.

BTW, the online World Factbook is impressive.  I was surprised that they had posted it online a few years back.  But then, the online version is just a shell of the classified version we had available back in the 80's & 90's (ours was still hardcopy, though).