2012-03-06 15:28:24owl905
Daniel Bailey
Daniel Bailey
yooper49855@hotmail...

Someone's getting under his skin, getting snippy:

owl905 at 14:33 PM on 6 March 2012

Oceans Acidifying Faster Today Than in Past 300 Million Years
@Rob Painting - it may not sound very likely to you, but the activity around the plates co-incides with the Indian plate interacting with the Asia plate, subduction/mountain raising, the closing of the Tethys Ocean, and a rearrangement of ocean currents. It co-incides with evolutionary jumps with species like the ancestors of the whale. It co-incides with a breakup of the South America connection to Antarctica to Australia.

As well, your unsupported claim about "rapid" CO2 draw-down relating to India "smashing" into Asia is just nonsense - the start to end collision was a 40million-year process.

Your interjection, as such, is vacuous, and frankly arrogant ... again. The ocean anoxia phenom is nothing new - Sciam was delivering article research about the food-chain collapse in the oceans for most, if not all extinctions, 15 to 20 years ago. The ocean-acidification isn't a new idea, but ... so what?

Map of the world 50-60mya
http://www.scotese.com/newpage9.htm

A megatrend - India pushing into Asia and the rise of the Himalaya's.

Your comment appears designed to be abrasive and ignorant.

Sections in red snipped.

2012-03-06 17:35:48
Rob Painting
Rob
paintingskeri@vodafone.co...

The guy is a bit oif a nut job. May not be a denier, but writes as much pseudo-intellectual twaddle as a denier. It must just be the medium (the internet), but a lot of people seem to get the delusional idea they know more than the actual experts (scientists).

He seems to have a thing for me. Whatever, I couldn't care less, but I do see him(?) as problematic because he writes as much garbage as the deniers. 

2012-03-06 22:54:53
Dikran Marsupial
Gavin Cawley
gcc@cmp.uea.ac...

He is behaving in pretty much the same way on the Essenhigh rebuttal thread, saying that he doesn't mean to be abrasive, and then accusing me of "pedantic doublespeak" in his next post!  He also ignores the substantive points in my reply.  I have made a post suggesting that he be more polite and informative in his criticisms and I will respond to them.  It will be interesting to see how he responds to that.

2012-03-16 13:12:09
Daniel Bailey
Daniel Bailey
yooper49855@hotmail...
Back to his usual spoiling for a fight. Gave him Warning #1. He came right back with the usual bitching about moderation & threatened to send a stern whinge to JC (yes, I grok Kiwi). Deleted the bitchy complaint so I hope to be not disappointed that JC will get an earful soon.
2012-03-16 18:03:46
Rob Painting
Rob
paintingskeri@vodafone.co...

The guy is beyond help. He has his own peculiar way of how he thinks the Earth operates and that ain't going to be swayed by evidence or facts. Everytime I call him on his bullshit I get the same 'denier-logic' response. Just another troll, albeit a 'warmist' one.