2011-09-23 08:51:44Comments that cry out for a "Like" button:
Daniel Bailey
Daniel Bailey
yooper49855@hotmail...

SkS Responses to Pielke Sr. Questions
Remarkable how those bobbing around in the Dead Sea of 'scepticism' are so sharp-eyed when it comes to others straying a few paces from the summit of the moral high-ground.

2011-09-23 09:30:16This exceptionally creative response to damorbel caught my eye (emphasis added)
Daniel Bailey
Daniel Bailey
yooper49855@hotmail...
muoncounter at 08:47 AM on 23 September 2011

The 2nd law of thermodynamics and the greenhouse effect
damorbel#283: "Venus behaves like a gassy planet rather than a rocky one."

Venus' average density is 5.2 gm/cc; a rocky start for your point. But this thread is not about Venus.

"the distinction I draw between a body with a an internal heat source (a star) and a body without an internal heat source"

I'll bite. Stars and planets are not the same. A planet receives energy from its nearby star; heat is retained by the planet when it has a greenhouse atmosphere. What was your point?

BTW, you might have a look at Doug Cotton's 'earth-climate' web site and set him straight over the question of internal heating.

2011-09-25 00:45:03Hmmm?
John Hartz
John Hartz
john.hartz@hotmail...

A "Like" button would require a "Dislike" button as well.

How about a "Pseudo-science Poppycock" meter instead?

2011-10-01 16:51:15Like/Dislike buttons
Glenn Tamblyn

glenn@thefoodgallery.com...

Not sure about this one. It might be a powerful way of getting feedback from the lurkers. And it is an independent feedback. It isn't SkS commenting, it is the readership. And it might encourage the reticent to get involved in incremental steps. Knowing what the proportions of responses are might be really useful in understanding our readership.

In this case, if JC is coding like/dislike buttons then maybe also a Reply button. I wouldn't do nested responses, that changes the style too much. Just inserts a reference/link to the original comment into the comments box before the user starts editing there comment. This allows people to follow links back through a thread to follow the conversation they are interested in.

2011-10-01 23:53:26
Daniel Bailey
Daniel Bailey
yooper49855@hotmail...

I wasn't advocating for Like/Dislike functionality; my point was that if SkS were more of a social media enterprise then these comments I parked here I would have pressed the Like button on.

That's all. :)