2011-08-03 08:08:51Barry's post deleted somehow-- can we repost it?
Albatross
Julian Brimelow
stomatalaperture@gmail...

Hi John,

SOmehow the text below was deleted, allegedly by me, although I am pretty damn sure that I did not delete it, the system says that I did.  Why would I?

"bbickmore at 04:54 AM on 2 August 2011 (Email commenter)

Rob @2,

I don't think Spencer knows he's wrong. My impression (and it could be wildly off) is that he has a chip on his shoulder because other scientists haven't been particularly polite about it when he's ticked them off in the past. Maybe some of their objections were even a little overblown. But instead of swallowing his pride and asking himself whether there wasn't anything useful in the criticisms (like the rest of us do when we get a bad review that isn't sugar-coated or is somewhat unfair,) he allowed himself to be embittered. Now he seems to have a vendetta against the rest of the climate science community, and it's his mission in life to find that one key piece of evidence that takes down the whole house of cards. (Which leads me to believe that he needs to read a few books on philosophy of science, as well.)"

Is there any way of reposting this?  If not, perhaps Barry can cut and paste this and repost.  Should I notify him of what happened.

2011-08-03 08:55:04
Daniel Bailey
Daniel Bailey
yooper49855@hotmail...

I can do it, Albie.  Give me a few minutes...

2011-08-03 09:02:26
Daniel Bailey
Daniel Bailey
yooper49855@hotmail...

Done (the process involves creating a new comment with the text of the deleted comment copy/pasted into it; the comment is then submitted, then edited to change the user to that of the deleted and the timestamp to match that of the deleted comment).

Not too hard once you know how to do it, but not one for mass-moving of comments between threads.

2011-08-03 09:39:03
Albatross
Julian Brimelow
stomatalaperture@gmail...

Thanks Dan, you da man!:)

2011-08-03 10:47:49
Dikran Marsupial
Gavin Cawley
gcc@cmp.uea.ac...

@albatross I am fairly sure that if another moderator deletes a post while you are editing it, it will appear in the list of deleted posts with you listed as having deleted it (presumably because you were the last person to save the change to the comment).  This has happened to me airly frequently (presumably indicating that I should just delete more posts rather than adding comments).

2011-08-03 10:48:03
Daniel Bailey
Daniel Bailey
yooper49855@hotmail...

Hey, without you guys creating healthy dialogue and shoving facts down the throats of the denialarati, I'd be just a blogger with a license to delete and no comments to delete...

Ok, I'd have a field day until I got bored (fish in a barrel)...