2011-06-22 08:34:32What's the story with RW1?
John Cook

john@skepticalscience...

Got this email from RW1:

I've had a number of my posts deleted as a late that I do not feel have violated the Comments Policy.

What's going on?  I feel as though I'm being singled out because the moderators don't like the content of my posts. 

My question to those moderating him - what's the story - is he posting lots of off-topic comments? How shall I reply - keep your comments on-topic?

2011-06-22 09:12:49Mostly off-topic and/or complaining about moderation
Daniel Bailey
Daniel Bailey
yooper49855@hotmail...

RW1 has 3 comments in the current Deleted Comments bin (out of 60 therein).  2 (one by me, one by e) were deleted (this one placed on the Climate change denial and the abuse of peer review thread, and this one placed on the Examining Dr. John Christy's Global Warming Skepticism thread) due to being off-topic and this one on the An Even Cloudier Outlook for Low Climate Sensitivity thread for complaining about being moderated (deleted by me; interestingly, not a thread he'd received moderation on recently, AFAIK).  Add another deleted comment on the 2nd law of thermodynamics contradicts greenhouse theory thread due to moderation complaints.

That makes 4 comments out of his last 8 comments that were moderated (I didn't check any further back than that).

That being said, he was repeating himself several times on the 2nd law of thermodynamics contradicts greenhouse theory thread, so possibly some of those were weeded out.

So yeah, I'd say for him to follow the Comments Policy and stay on-topic and everything's going to be hunky-dory.

2011-06-22 17:10:28Thanks Daniel
John Cook

john@skepticalscience...

Followed your advice, sent him an email.