2010-11-19 00:02:04God (or the SkS Database) Has A Sense of Humor
Ned

ned.flounders@yahoo...

I don't have time to participate much in the site right now, but I do try to scan through the recent comments at least once a day.  I just noticed this comment by Norman:

http://skepticalscience.com/argument.php?a=227#30964

which currently reads

#30 scaddenp

Your statement "However, this has nothing to do with chaos. Albedo is straightforward and well-behaved." Does not seem valid in the material I have looked into.

Wonder why you believe this statement to be true. I have another calcualtor for you. It is on a site you probably do not like but the calcultor is still valid. It includes the atmosphere and the Greenhouse effect in the calculator. Small albedo changes can cause large climate changes. This seems to fit the concept of sensitivity into the climate system. Very sensitive to small changes and the changes to climate can then effect the albedo, very nonlinear effect.

Global Temp calculator that includes atmophere for scaddenp. 

However, before I edited it, it looked like this:

#30 scaddenp

Your statement "However, this has nothing to do with chaos. Albedo is straightforward and well-behaved." Does not seem valid in the material I have looked into.

Wonder why you believe this statement to be true. I have another calcualtor for you. It is on a site you probably do not like but the calcultor is still valid. It includes the atmosphere and the Greenhouse effect in the calculator. Small albedo changes can cause large climate changes. This seems to fit the concept of sensitivity into the climate system. Very sensitive to small changes and the changes to climate can then effect the albedo, very nonlinear effect.

SPAM

Apparently, he had failed to close the quotation mark inside that "a" tag ... for someone who isn't logged in, or isn't a moderator, that just caused the linked text to disappear.  But for those of us who are moderators, somehow the resulting mangled html got merged with the "Edit / Spam" line below his comment, causing Norman's link to show up as the word "SPAM".

I find that rather humorous, especially the fact that it was a private joke only visible to the moderators.