2010-11-06 01:40:00Peter Lang seems to be needing a lot of moderation
Ned

ned.flounders@yahoo...

I have little interest in participating in a "pro/anti nuclear" debate, so I'm staying out of the "What should we do about climate change?" thread. 

I have, however, been keeping an eye on it, and I've noticed that Peter Lang seems to be having trouble complying with the comments policy.  Unless anyone objects, I'm going to continue to be fairly aggressive in moderating his comments.

2010-11-06 18:27:06
Rob Painting
Rob
paintingskeri@vodafone.co...
No objection. Does he not have a job, or a life?. 
2010-11-07 09:35:24Moderating Peter lang
John Cook

john@skepticalscience...
If he violates the comments policy, knock yourself out.
2010-12-02 15:55:15Hall of Shame, anybody?
Daniel Bailey
Daniel Bailey
yooper49855@hotmail...

This one really should be tacked up somewhere for posterity:

1. Peter Lang at 00:25 AM on 2 December 2010 (Email commenter)
    D/CAGW = Dangerous/Catastrophic Anthropogenic Global Warming
    (as if everyone on this site doesn't know that). Bob Brown, Leader of the Australian Greens, uses the term in some form or other just about every time he speaks.

The term, or others of similar meaning, is used by Alarmists and extremists to scare the population into taking irrational actions - like implementing renewable energy, carbon taxes and ETS. These are the same types of people, ideologically, that have opposed )unprintable) for the past 40 years, which has directly resulted in CO2 emissions from developed countries being about 20% higher now than they otherwise would be. The CO2 emissions will be higher for much longer because we are not rapidly replacing coal and gas yet. In fact, renewables are causing more gas to be used.

These same ideological groups pushed biofuels and bio diesel causing deforestation.

These same ideological groups have caused many other problems such as the banning of DDT which caused tens or hundreds of millions of deaths.

With all the problems these ideologically driven people have caused, who'd trust anything they advocate. No wonder many people doubt the extremists' claims about the Catastrophe, Dangerous AGW, Armageddon, Apocalypse, end of the planet....

That's my thinking. Take it as valuable input or dismiss it and criticise it. I expect most here will do the latter.
    Deleted by muoncounter (Dangerous, catastrophe, armageddon, apocalypse)

It's like he never thinks what other people will think when reading what he writes; needs a personal SPAM filter...

2010-12-02 18:45:49Greenfyre has the "Dunces corner"
BaerbelW

baerbel-for-350@email...

"Hall of Shame" sounds good, but I also like what Mike Kaulbars who writes the blog Greenfyre's has set up:
http://greenfyre.wordpress.com/dunces-corner-this-is-what-denierism-looks-like/#comment-9185

But then, Mike doesn't have quite as much patience/restrains with deniers as others have....

I'm just happy to see some recent posts of him after quite some absence which he explains ...here.

2010-12-02 23:28:52
Rob Painting
Rob
paintingskeri@vodafone.co...
Yooper, I just ran across the "skeptic" crap his spews at other climate blogs. What a tosser. The sooner he gets the message to move on, the better.
2010-12-03 10:03:36Daily Double
Daniel Bailey
Daniel Bailey
yooper49855@hotmail...

Another (even more worthy) effort from the Tangler of Tense, the Imprimateur of Verbosity, Peter Lang:

1. Peter Lang at 22:32 PM on 2 December 2010 (Email commenter)
    JMurphy,

More emotive nonsense from an extremist Alarmist. If this is the sort of emotivem fact free nonsense that underpins the extremists' belief in Catastrophic man mande global warming, no wonder people are so doubtful about all the scaremongering conducted by the extremist true believers.
    Deleted by muoncounter

2010-12-04 02:12:43
Ned

ned.flounders@yahoo...

I noticed that Peter Lang was back for a return visit, like a long-period comet of fulminating contempt.  I also noticed that he'd had six comments deleted in less than 20 hours (plus a few more since then, apparently).  That's pretty impressive.  Thanks to those of you who have been keeping an eye on things.  I'm afraid I've been too busy lately to contribute much.