2011-09-27 12:22:01Please contact UofC regarding Rex Murphy's talk on climate change on Thursday.
Albatross
Julian Brimelow
stomatalaperture@gmail...

Hi all,

I strongly encourage people to write succinct and polite emails to the University of Calgary President, Dr. Cannon, to express your dismay that Rex Murphy (a political commentator) is giving a talk at the UofC.  The talk is being funded and presented with the help of the "Friends" of Science (the same group that used UofC accounts to funnel over C$500,000 into its coffers) and another ideological front/astroturf group called the The Frontier Centre for Public Policy (FCPP).  The advert/abstract below is full on BS.

Unfortunately, Mr. Murphy has a lot of credibility and clout in Canada.  So please forward this widely.

Many thanks all.  I hope to show that the UofC cannot claim ignorance on this one, so the more letters the better.

Sincerely,

Alby

Dr. Cannon's email: president@ucalgary.ca

This is the advert for Mr. Murphy's talk (from the FCPP web site):

"Climate science is a new science. Climate scientists can’t even agree on whether clouds warm or cool the planet…they don’t know if there are thermostatic interactions that tend to maintain some temperature in preference to others...and they certainly don’t know if GHG emissions can significantly affect global temperatures.

About the only thing we unequivocally know about climate science is that the climate is always changing.

One major theory the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) tout is that “CO2 drives temperature”…yet the evidence is absolutely clear that, in fact, the temperature has driven CO2 for ages.

CO2 changes followed temperature changes over the last four ice age cycles, so temperatures increased for 800 years while CO2 declined and temperatures decreased for 800 years while CO2 increased. The data proves that CO2 is not the major driver of climate change.

What evidence does the IPCC have to support their CO2 theory? The answer is none. It's all speculation, which is contradicted by the evidence. Yet the IPCC continue to avoid public discussion and debate based on their conclusion that human activities are “very likely” (defined as >90%) the cause of observed global warming... while continuing to line their coffers with billions of dollars of taxpayers money."

2011-09-28 02:52:54
Albatross
Julian Brimelow

Sent my letter last night.  Not expecting a reply.

2011-09-28 04:33:23comment
Robert Way

robert_way19@hotmail...

If it is not personal would you mind posting some tidbits here?

2011-09-28 04:44:53
Albatross
Julian Brimelow

Hi Rob, Do you mean from my letter?

2011-09-28 08:56:36
Albatross
Julian Brimelow

Robert, if you like I can email you a copy of my letter to the UofC....I can email it to your uni account if that is OK?