2011-07-12 03:56:34Fleshing out the "Long list of SkS To Do's" -- Assistance requested
John Hartz
John Hartz
john.hartz@hotmail...

I have been tasked with the responsibility for putting together a "To Do" list of activities for SkS to pursue between now and the end othe year. See John Cook's Overview of SkS ideas/activity post in the Author's section. Now, I need your help in fleshing out the "long list" of potential "To Do's"

Combining John Cook's initial listing of "To Do's" with those proposed in the ensuing comment thread, yields whst is shown below the line.

Please review this listing of "To do's" against what you believe should be done bewtween now and the end of this year. Suggest additions in the comment thread.

If you have suggested one or more of the items listed below in a blog on SkS, please provide the link to that blog if it is not already incopratated. Ditto for any suggested additions to the lists.

Thank you. 

Ongoing "To Do's"

Potential New "To Do's"

• Plimer vs Plimer (more on that soon)
  • Climate scientists explain
  • Climate scientists talk
  • Skeptic contradictions
  • SkS Index
  • Peer reviewed quotes
  • 3 levels of translation
  • API Feed
  • Mobile version of website
  • Link Redirect Service
  • Collaboration with desmogblog. SourceWatch, etc., re denier database and other matters
  • Revising & updating existing rebuttals
  • Series on what SkSers are doing to reduce their own emissions
  • Reading Club
  • History of peer-reviewed debate on each climate myth
  • Spencer Slip-UpsSoliciting for subscribers the the Email feed, particularly amongst environmental and activist groups
  • Create a SkS Glossary of Scientific Terms
  • Permit SkS users to choose between receiving Daily digests or Weekly digests, or both.
  • Produce and dissemninate SkS news releases.
  • Create an SkS Executive Committee (ExCom) to manage the preparation and implementation of an Annual SKS Action Plan.
  • Reduce John Cook's administrative burden by finding ways for John Cook to off-load and/or share SkS website management
  • Define and analyze the pros and cons of incorporating SkS.
  • Explore options for generating revenue to fund activities.

Accomplished "To Do's" (since the beginning of the year.)

Discarded Ideas

• Partnership with Climate Crock of the Week (turned out not to be practical with how Peter operates)

2011-07-12 04:21:21FYI
Daniel Bailey
Daniel Bailey
yooper49855@hotmail...

Oslo was investigating the possibility and potentiality of incorporating an "Instant Chat" functionality into the SkS PHP.

Dunno where he is with that.

2011-07-12 04:31:34Two more suggestions
BaerbelW

baerbel-for-350@email...

In addition to

• Revising & updating existing rebuttals

we need a means for documenting and tracking these changes so that the translators can then decide if corresponding changes are needed in any of the translations.

Something else which has been suggested earlier and which I believe would come in handy is an author-to-author system to directly send messages. This doesn't have to be instantanuous like a chat feature, more like using the existing contact-form but having the option to select another recipient instead of John.

2011-07-12 05:01:52
nealjking

nealjking@gmail...
2011-07-12 12:06:42Lost for words, Neal? :-)
John Cook

john@skepticalscience...

Badger, I had one possible idea but is it overthinking or overcomplicating - taking the to-do lists and listing them in 3 columns to reflect the three SkS pillars:

1. Identifying questions (collecting intelligence on skeptic activity)
  2. Writing answers (blog posts/rebuttals/resources)
  3. Disseminating answers (rapid response system/marketing/SEO)

Eg:

Identifying questions Writing Answers Disseminating Answers Misc Administration
  • Centralised web-based system of monitoring skeptic articles, new myths and recent popular myths
  • Recruiting users to monitoring system
  • API Feed
  • Mobile version of website
  • Collaboration with desmogblog. SourceWatch, etc., re denier database and other matters
  • Soliciting for subscribers to the Email feed, particularly amongst environmental and activist groups
  • Permit SkS users to choose between receiving Daily digests or Weekly digests, or both.
  • Produce and dissemninate SkS news releases
  • Link Redirect Service
  • Create an SkS Executive Committee (ExCom) to manage the preparation and implementation of an Annual SKS Action Plan.
  • Reduce John Cook's administrative burden by finding ways for John Cook to off-load and/or share SkS website management
  • Define and analyze the pros and cons of incorporating SkS.
  • Explore options for generating revenue to fund activities.
  • Rapid response system
  • Recruitment to rapid response system
2011-07-12 13:10:21John Cook
John Hartz
John Hartz
john.hartz@hotmail...

Your construct looks good. Thanks.

BTW, once we declare the long-list to be complete, the next step is to rewrite each "To Do" into an action statement beginning with a verb. Some of the above are in this format, but most are not.

2011-07-12 23:55:51Sorry...
John Hartz
John Hartz
john.hartz@hotmail...

but I have to move this blog to the top of the page.

Your input is needed!

2011-07-13 05:52:25Additions
John Hartz
John Hartz
john.hartz@hotmail...
  • Recruit more SkS authors, espcially women
  • Review the SkS Comments Policy
  • Make it easier for authors to navigate the administrative part of the SkS website 
2011-07-13 08:57:14Yet another one...
John Hartz
John Hartz
john.hartz@hotmail...
  • Continue to recruit prominent scientists to do guest posts on SkS a la Ove H-G and Trenberth. 
2011-07-13 17:56:13
nealjking

nealjking@gmail...

So it would be a good idea to set up a prioritizatiion of these goals.

One framework can be found at:

http://doodle.com/

This is used to select a calendar date, but maybe it could be adapted to chosing a priority for each goal? One (slightly awkward) approach:

- create a list of the priorities; each entry linked to

- a Doodle poll for the priority of that entry; the priority could be coded as

- a date in the normal Doodle format.

The idea is that individual participants can sign into each goal's priority list and vote their value for that goal's priority.

Or maybe something can be done more simply from scratch: I'm not a web coder, so I lean more to applying what's there than to creating from scratch.

2011-07-13 21:12:38
Ari Jokimäki

arijmaki@yahoo...

As a mean to recruit scientists, how about a writing contest for the climate scientists? We ask them to write a piece on their work and best article wins a prize.

2011-07-13 21:30:24
nealjking

nealjking@gmail...

Ari:

- Who would be the judge?

- Where does the prize money come from?

2011-07-13 22:12:58
Ari Jokimäki

arijmaki@yahoo...

We are the judge and for example I can contribute some money.

2011-07-13 22:32:03
nealjking

nealjking@gmail...

Ari,

- For the most part, the SkS folks are not professional climate scientists. We could judge on accessability, but not on content.

- To make it worthwhile to a working scientist to interrupt other things s/he has to do, it should be a substantial amount - say $5,000. With this sum of money, I think we could do more directly beneficial things. Of course, if we were the Nobel Prize committee, the prestige of the prize alone would be worth the effort. But see the first point, above: We're not.

2011-07-13 22:52:58
Ari Jokimäki

arijmaki@yahoo...

Why don't need to be professionals. This is a writing contest in a popular blog, not a submission to peer-reviewed journal. We just design the rules so that we can judge it. We can for example set the subject as "a day in scientist's life", which wouldn't bring much complicated texts. However, many here can also judge the contents of scientific texts. This is evident in some of the articles published here. Also, we already have some scientists doinf guest authoring for free, so I think we could interest them with, say, $500 prize.

2011-07-14 04:20:43A couple more...
John Hartz
John Hartz
john.hartz@hotmail...
  • Get progressive and pro climate science webistes to include SkS on their respective Blogrolls.
  • Establish ongoing working relationships between SkS and major international and national environamental organizations.
2011-07-14 04:23:25What's next
John Hartz
John Hartz
john.hartz@hotmail...

I suggest that we conclude this brainstroming exercise on Friday of this week.

Neal King: Would you mbe willing to set-up a decision framework using Doodle?

2011-07-14 06:14:211st shot at Poll: DRAFT
nealjking

nealjking@gmail...

B.:

http://doodle.com/ti4yx8cur669rw36

As you can probably tell, I am slightly abusing the system to turn what is really a meeting-date finder into a polling device. Some limitations of this approach:

a) I can deal with about 5 items at a time before the considerations go far off the screen. So we will need multiple separate polls.

b) Each Goal/Activity has to be associated with an assigned date, even though this date is not meaningful.

c) Each individual voter will have to be sure not to vote for more than one Priority on each day (= Goal).

If we want to use this approach, we must first:

1) Agree on the prioritization system (I have assumed 1 = highest, 3 = lowest); with the idea that roughly 1/3 of each voter's priorities should be 1, 2 or 3.

2) Create a full list, probably in spreadsheet format, so that each person can decide the prioritization of each Goal with the perspective of the whole (not just of the other 4 on the polling page).

3) The spreadsheet should probably include a full sentence of explanation for each goal, since JC's summary is a bit too concise.

4) After having assigned a Priority to each Goal, the voter can go to the separate polls and fill out the votes s/he has already assigned.

When we close the poll, I can collect the totals.

So take a look at this. If the approach still makes sense, I think the first task is your's: Produce an ordered numbered list in SS format, with a comprehensible explanation of each goal. Once we have agreed on the list, we can start the voting. No new items can be added to the list during the voting process.

2011-07-14 09:36:01nealjking
John Hartz
John Hartz
john.hartz@hotmail...

We seem to have reached an impasse. An "ordered numered" list is not input to the voting process. Rather, it is the output of the process.

BTW, What the heck is the "SS format"?

2011-07-14 09:43:22
nealjking

nealjking@gmail...

B:

- By "ordered list," I just meant a numbered list, so that each item can be made to correspond to a date. If you look at the link, I think the need will be clear.

- "SS" = "spreadsheet"

2011-07-14 14:33:40I'm wondering...
BaerbelW

baerbel-for-350@email...

....if some other routes might be easier to manage a brainstorming and prioritising session.

How about creating a spreadsheet which contains all the tasks and anybody who'd like to participate, dowloads the file, fills it out with her/his ranking and sends it to one of us for collection? This might be easier than tweaking "Doodle" to fit our needs. I'd be willing to help with the collecting part of this.

Other options might be to somehow set this up as a survey via SurveyMonkey or the like. Or I can set up a little Wiki at pbworks.com (like http://klimaschutz.pbworks.com/w/page/19341072/Skeptical-Science-Translations just a lot smaller) which anybody can access and edit during the time we have the polling open.

Just let me know what you think

2011-07-14 17:33:12
nealjking

nealjking@gmail...

B. & B.:

The SurveyMonkey idea sounds easier to use than Doodle for this purpose, although I haven't been able to get to an English-language version of the description.

In any event, we need the spreadsheet to clearly define what we are voting about.

2011-07-14 19:49:51Couple of thoughts
John Cook

john@skepticalscience...

Wouldn't a crowd sourcing system like Google Docs be a good way to shuffle around a spreadsheet list?

Also, don't get too wedded to the nitty gritty of these to-do lists. I've applied for a climate communication job at the Uni of Qld, I find out if I get the job in a few weeks. This development would be a game changer, opening up all manner of opportunities for collaboration with academics and getting our material out there making a deeper impact. I really don't know how things will change yet, but I imagine going from being a lone blogger working from the spare room to having the support of a university will open up broader opportunities and may require a shift in our thinking.

2011-07-14 19:57:00
nealjking

nealjking@gmail...

JC,

We wish you the best of luck with UoQ, but we still need to establish a framework for deciding which of a number of proposed ideas (and there seem to be about one more every two days) we actually want to pursue. It is a bit wearying to be bombarded by one "shouldn't we do this" after another. We need to have a way to capture and then prioritize these ideas, before they grow old and stale before their time.

That was why I proposed that someone (Badgersouth) take charge of maintaining a list. The spreadsheet would serve that function. Once this is well-established, we can adapt our priorities to our changing resources and interests.

2011-07-15 01:00:46John Cook
John Hartz
John Hartz
john.hartz@hotmail...

Suggest that you create a To Do "spreadsheet" as a new webage similar to the "Rebuttal" scorecard.

The To Do scorecard could divided into the four broad categories that you have developed.

Each row of the scorecard would be a specific "action statement" within each category.

The columns of the scorecard would include:

Priority: "High", "Medium," or "Low" [JC should make the initital determination. His inititial determination woukld be subject to review and comment by authors, It would also be refined as JC's personal situtation unfolds.] 

Target Date for Completion: "Month/Year" or "Open Ended"

Primary Lead: Name of author [In the initial posting, this cell would be blank for many action statements. authors would be asked to volunteer for unclaimed tasks.]  

Assistant leads: Names of aurthors  [In the initial posting, this cell would be blank for many action statements. authors would be asked to volunteer for unclaimed tasks.]

Completed: Check mark for completed tasks that have been completed. 

2011-07-15 10:23:08Created google spreadsheet
John Cook

john@skepticalscience...

This is my first attempt at creating a google document:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?pli=1&hl=en_US&key=tzmlENny9gGwyTCebvjvMaA&hl=en_US#

I think the next step is I add users to be able to access the spreadsheet. So either email me (john@skepticalscience.com) or post your email here - the email you use for your google account, and I'll grant you access to the spreadsheet.

I just threw something together - someone else might have a better idea on how to structure the spreadsheet, then it needs to be populated.

2011-07-15 14:10:39Requesting access....
BaerbelW

baerbel-for-350@email...

...can be done directly from the webpage via "request access", which is what I just did.

John, I guess, you'll get some automated emails from Google asking to grant access to the spreadsheet.

2011-07-15 15:52:28
John Cook

john@skepticalscience...

Access granted, Baerbel

UPDATE: Neal added too.

UPDATE: And Glenn

2011-07-15 19:18:21RSVP
nealjking

nealjking@gmail...

I've proposed (made?) some changes to the SS:

- added in the rest of the items from JC's original list.

- added a field for full Descriptions of the individual items.

Before going any further, I'd like to check that interested parties agree this is the right direction to go; and, of course, that you can actually see the revised document!

UPDATE: OK, I've incorporated the material on JC's original list. I have a couple of question marks.

2011-07-16 03:55:59JC, Baerbel, Glenn:
nealjking

nealjking@gmail...

Please take a look and see if it makes sense.

2011-07-16 08:24:02
Glenn Tamblyn

glenn@thefoodgallery.com...

Had a look, and yes it looks good.

2011-07-16 08:56:12Looks good
John Cook

john@skepticalscience...

Should the items be ordered by priority?

Possible to add hyperlinks?

2011-07-16 09:39:22
nealjking

nealjking@gmail...

- Priority: I thought we were going to poll on priority.

- Hyperlinks: I don't see a way to insert real links: In Excell, there is an Insert/Hyperlink item, but it doesn't show up here.

- Also, two items I was unsure of: They are marked by "?" JC, can you fill in with a description?

2011-07-16 13:45:30
Ari Jokimäki

arijmaki@yahoo...

In google spreadsheet you just need to copy/paste the url to a cell, and after that it works as a hyperlink.

2011-07-16 14:27:13add me
dana1981
Dana Nuccitelli
dana1981@yahoo...

dana.nuccitelli@gmail.com

2011-07-16 17:10:53some tweaks
BaerbelW

baerbel-for-350@email...

Looks good!

• Added the item to somehow keep track of revisions to help translators
  • Changed the cell-formatting to ensure that all content is vertically aligned at the top of a cell (makes it easier to see what belongs to which line)
  • Bolded some content to make it stand out more
  • Added Dana to the list of editors (from the settings it looks as if existing editors can add more folks, so I just tried that)

About prioritising the worklist:

If this were let's say a project meeting, I'd have all the bullet points up on a flipchart and would then hand out a fixed number of self adhesive circles to each participant. Folks could then walk up to the flipchart and put their eg. 5 circles next to their most important items on the list. This then quickly lets you see what the most important items overall are. In a virtual environment something comparable is possible via tools like Webex. Unfortunately, we neither have a flipchart we all can walk up to nor a tool like Webex at our disposable, so we'll have to come up with something else to perhaps mimick this.

Here is what we could do via the google-spreadsheet:

Whoever wants to be part of the prioritising activity adds a column at the end and assigns numbers from eg. 1 to 5 to her/his most important items on the list. Once we have those "votes" we can calculate the overall priority by eg. assigning points like this:
Priority 1 (Highest) - 5 points
Priority 2 - 4 points
Priority 3 - 3 points
Priority 4 - 2 points
Priority 5 - 1 point

We'll only need to decide, how many votes each of us will have to dole out. This should perhaps be guided by how many tasks we can think we can manage in a given time. This should ideally take into account how much time each of the tasks is likely to need to be implemented (we can do more tasks if they can be implemented quickly). Could it make sense to add a column for something like "effort required" with values "little, medium, large" or so for each task?

Cheers
Baerbel

2011-07-16 17:57:16
Glenn Tamblyn

I have just 'voluntered' myself for lead on the SkS Index and Glossary. I see these as closely linked - actually just variations of a more general indexing capability. My background aligns with this sort of role more than posting on the latest science for example.

I agree with some sort of prioritisation poll system. One point to consider is dependencies between tasks. If Task B requires Task A be completed first, or that B can be done more efficiently or quickly after A this needs to be considered.

For example, an API feed from the database is a good idea. But not if the structure of the database is a moveable feast, a work in progress. This is where the idea of a rellease is important. Good software development of existing software should proceed on the basis of a 'release' that is a suite of new features that are being added as a package. If something doesn't make the cut for a release, it doesn't go in. It is in the list for the next release. What is in any one release is both a Management, Business Plan, Marketting and Technical judgement. But endless small enhancements to a system can be a recipe for disaster. Conversely if the change process is too regulated and controlled for reasons of conservative safety, the system doesn't meet the organisations needs very well.

Welcome to the Never-Ending war between IT & Marketting! The War of the Ring was easy-peasy by comparison.

2011-07-16 18:16:16
John Cook

john@skepticalscience...
Neal, updated those ? Items with explanation. Am loving the crowd sourced nature of google docs.

Dana, added you but did it on the iPad - let me know if it didn't take.

2011-07-16 19:02:42
nealjking

nealjking@gmail...

Baerbel,

I'm not following your prioritization scheme:

- Fixed number of points per voter, or different number of points per item based on priority?

- For voting purposes, 5 degrees of importance seems too complicated; we might need 5 to evaluate the counted results.

Can you give a mock demonstration of a set of votes?

It seems like we should evaluate the tasks (by voting) to determine which have some juice in them; then we can examine interdependencies among the high rankers. It is alsmost certain to be the case that we will identify more tasks that need to be done than we have resources to do: It is much easier to see the need for a task than to gear up to do it.

2011-07-16 22:26:52Priorities
BaerbelW

baerbel-for-350@email...

I added another sheet to the document called "MockUp Prioritisation" (and renamed Sheet1 to MasterSheet).

This is how we could do it:

Each person selects 5 items from the list assigning priority 1 to 5 to each of them.

In order to find out which are the most important tasks, we give out points per priority, similar to eg. the points given to drivers in Formula-1 racing where the winner gets most points. These are then added up in the Priority-column for each task, the item with the highest number is the one considered with the highest priority. I've tried to show this in the MockUp sheet. (Of course we could also dish out 5 points directly for an item with the highest priority down to 1 point for the lowest - whatever is easier to handle).

Regardless of how we try to do the prioritastion, it will only give good results if many people contribute - the drawback to this might be that not every teammember of SkS will have access to the google-document (and not all might be prepared to set up an account with google just to do this voting). We should therefore perhaps also have an "off-line" voting process where the spreadsheet's content is made available eg. as a PDF-file directly on SkS and one of us provides her/his email-address where people can send their ranked-list to (again, I'd be willing to help with this).

2011-07-16 23:41:24
nealjking

nealjking@gmail...

BaerbelW,

I think your plan is a little bit too complicated, and forces ranking by the individual at too early a stage: How do I express my opinion that 3 different projects have equal importance, if I have to rank them?

We have a list of 29 projects, and we have to get it down to a manageable number that we can actually do, and have interest in doing. I suggest the following approach:

- Give each voter N points

- N should be ~ 10 - 15

- Each voter can distribute his/her points among the 29 projects; maybe we should limit the maximum number of points that a single voter can assign to a particular project to 3 or 4.

- Add up the total number of points for each project, and rank the projects accordingly.

It might make sense to combine the Index & Glossary projects, in view of Glen's remark that he considered them as different aspects of the same project.

2011-07-17 01:03:18prioritization
dana1981
Dana Nuccitelli
dana1981@yahoo...
I agree, give each voter a certain number of priority vote 'points' to distribute amongst the various options however they see fit, then tally them up at the end. Whichever options have the most overall points are the highest priorities.
2011-07-17 02:09:03
BaerbelW

baerbel-for-350@email...

Neal & Dana,

yes, I agree and what you are proposing is in fact one more option I had thought about but didn't include in my earlier post. Adding up the points we'd get with my suggestion would make 15 points in total and I think it would be a good number of points to distribute among 29 options.

2011-07-17 06:42:46Trial vote
nealjking

nealjking@gmail...

Let's try a trial vote among the immediately participating people, just to see if this approach is workable. We might need to change the numbers from 4 and 15.

2011-07-17 07:07:01It works
BaerbelW

baerbel-for-350@email...

The voting works as intended.

For the final release it might however be better to list the items' titles directly in the spreadsheet where the points are allocated. This will avoid having to jump back and forth between the two sheets.

If we no longer need it we can delete the MockUp-sheet I created earlier today.

Just out of curiosity about the google-spreadsheet: Neal, I noticed that you were viewing the sheet while I was adding my numbers. Did you see this happening in (almost) real time - in case you were even keeping an eye on it?

2011-07-17 07:37:10
nealjking

nealjking@gmail...

OK, I will delete the MU sheet.

I took a quick look during the time you were voting, I guess, but I think the way it works is that each of us gets a snapshot that gets resynchronized occasionally. I don't know what would happen if we introduced contradictory changes at the same general time. We can experiment with that sometime.

Let's see the results when JC, Dana and Glenn have voted.

2011-07-17 17:38:37
Glenn Tamblyn

Just Voted.

Ain't democracy a beautiful thing

2011-07-17 17:46:09Voted
John Cook

john@skepticalscience...

My priorities were with the SkS2.0 and SkS3.0 stuff - keen on developing data collection of skeptic activity, joining the dots with our SkS2.0 denier database, then deploying our answers. Problem is all of these options require programming so we get back to the bottlenecking option. But another high priority is finding PHP programmers to help develop the site.

2011-07-17 18:36:28"Offline voting"
BaerbelW

baerbel-for-350@email...

As mentioned in an earlier post, I think that we'll also need to provide some kind of "offline voting" process for folks who are not prepared to do it via the Google-spreadsheet.

One option could be to make the spreadsheet available as a downloadable Excel-file and - in order to test this - I've generated and uploaded one already:
http://www.skepticalscience.com/pics/SkS-To-Do-ForOfflineVoting.xls

SkS Teammembers can download this file, put in their votes in column J and then send it eg. to me. I - or another volunteer - could then add these votes to the Master-document in Google.

Once we have set up everything, the information about this voting-opportunity - both online and offline - should perhaps be "pushed" to folks in the author- and translator-teams in order to get more participants than just the folks happening upon this forum-thread.

2011-07-17 19:05:48
John Cook

john@skepticalscience...
Are there web based task management systems for this type of thing? If this develops, might be better to use a system more suited.
2011-07-17 19:15:40missing Dana's vote
nealjking

nealjking@gmail...

BaerbelW et al.:

- I suggest revising the offline spreadsheet by "locking down" the content of the cells, other than the yellow voting cells. Just to avoid any possible confusion or inadvertent alterations.

- We're still missing the vote from Dana

- So far, B1 (Index & Glossary) and D1 (offloading website management) have received very high values

- Lower but still notable: A1 (web-based monitoring system), B2 (revising & updating), B3 (tracking revisions), B5 (climate scientists explain), D5 (Rapid-Response System).

What I can see already is that this polling gives an indicatiion of people's interests, but this does not mean that it produces a mix of activities that match our available resources. Some of these projects would involve a lot of people constantly engaged, while others would require focused programming by one or two people over a week or so.

It would be good if we could arrange the voting so that items that need the same resources compete "head to head".

2011-07-17 19:20:25Task management
BaerbelW

baerbel-for-350@email...

John, I don't know whether there are web based task management systems for this type of thing. But,even if there are, it would most likely still include some type of registration- and/or validation process which not everybody who'd like to participate would be willing to go through.

Perhaps - during the yet to be defined voting-period - the spreadsheet's privacy setting could be changed to

Anyone with the link
Anyone who has the link can access. No sign-in required.

From a security perspective this might not be too risky as long as nobody shares the link outside of the forums. But, it would get rid of the neccessity to be logged into a valid Google-account.

2011-07-17 19:28:21Additional columns needed?
BaerbelW

baerbel-for-350@email...

Neal,

would it help - or just be confusing - to add columns for things like eg. skills. type of task (one off as opposed to ongoing) and time needed for the tasks? Should the voting happen before or after we have volunteers to tackle each of the tasks?

2011-07-17 20:12:35Additional columns
nealjking

nealjking@gmail...

Maybe:

Specific skills needed

Ongoing/One-off

Staffing (person-weeks or some other measure of effort)

2011-07-19 00:32:29When all else fails, apply the KISS principle...
John Hartz
John Hartz
john.hartz@hotmail...

Suggest that John Cook create a To Do "spreadsheet" as a new webage similar to the "Rebuttal" scorecard.

The To Do scorecard could divided into the four broad categories that you have developed.

Each row of the scorecard would be a specific "action statement" within each category.

The columns of the scorecard would include:

Priority: "High", "Medium," or "Low" [JC should make the initital determination. His inititial determination woukld be subject to review and comment by authors, It would also be refined as JC's personal situtation unfolds.] 

Target Date for Completion: "Month/Year" or "Open Ended"

Primary Lead: Name of author [In the initial posting, this cell would be blank for many action statements. authors would be asked to volunteer for unclaimed tasks.]  

Assistant leads: Names of aurthors  [In the initial posting, this cell would be blank for many action statements. authors would be asked to volunteer for unclaimed tasks.]

Completed: Check mark for completed tasks that have been completed. 

2011-07-20 10:45:15
nealjking

nealjking@gmail...

Some modifications of the spreadsheet.