2011-07-09 09:18:16Breaking Point: Obama and the Death of the Democratic Party -- FireDogLake
John Hartz
John Hartz
john.hartz@hotmail...
This post reflects the current thinking of the left-wing of the Democratic Party in the US. (In the interest of full disclosure, I am sympathetic to this perspective.) 

Breaking Point: Obama and the Death of the Democratic Party

How, if, and when the Obama Administration and the Congress reach agreement on raising the federal debt ceiling and cutting the deficit will be a pivitol point in American history and will reverberate throughout the world. Yes, there will be unintended consequences.

Given that any agreement will include massive cuts to fderal spending, I suspect that many of the existing programs that fund higher education and scientific research and analyese will be hard hit. The current level of activity in the US on the climate science front will be drastically reduced -- unless private foundations and philantrops step-up to fill the funding void.  

I'm sorry to report the above, but you all need to know what could very well be coming down the pike.

PS -- This particular "crises" has been manufactured by the policital propaganda machine created and financed by the Koch brothers, Ruippert Murdoch, and their ilk . They have brainwashed the American public, elected officals and the mainstream media, into believing that the "federal debt" is literally destroying the USA. It's become a dragon that has to be slayed, come hell or high water.

What is New Zealand's current immigration policy with respect to elderly Americans? 

2011-07-09 10:04:18Another article along the same lines as the above
John Hartz
John Hartz
john.hartz@hotmail...

Where's the Revolt? Obama’s Dangerous Cure for the Federal Deficit