2011-07-01 00:20:30The "Kind & Gentle" Denier Drone -- Part I
John Hartz
John Hartz
john.hartz@hotmail...

I'm seeing posts where the denier poses as a "kind & gentle" person appear more frequently on comment threads.

The following is an example. It is the first part of a lengthy comment by "caracoid" to Don't ignore climate skeptics – talk to them differently, an op-ed published in the Christian Science Monitor.

Has SkS addressed the list cited in caracoid's first item? (I intend to post the caracoid's other points in follow-up General Chat posts.)

BTW, another favorite tactic of the climate deniers is to travel in pairs. One blogger will play the "bad cop" role and another will be the "good cop." In this case, caracoid is the good cop.

I'm an anthropogenic climate change skeptic.  I laud you in your attempt to reach out to the skeptics, but addressing their issues instead of saying that we don't accept science is not getting you anywhere.  I will tell you why I am a skeptic.  There will be no attempt at deception while I explain this point of view.  If it turns out that any of this information is in error, please feel free to correct it.  Granted, this is from the skeptic's side.  And I am sure that you have more information than I have concerning a belief in anthropogenic global warming.  So I will now attempt to briefly enlighten you as to why I am a skeptic, and I hope you will in turn reply in good faith.  The side whose belief you try to change is a side that believes that every person has the capacity for discerning the truth, if he allows himself to open his mind.

1.  The list of skeptical scientists is as vast as it is renowned.  Those who make up the list are not quacks but almost all scientists with a strong background in climate science.  Please feel free to look at the official list and I encourage people to look through as many of the names and titles of those included.  The list is quite impressive and was very much different from the list of scientists who signed the global warmist counterpart.  I looked at these names and titles personally and was surprised how many non-specialty related titles there were. 

http://epw.senate.gov/public/i...

2011-07-01 03:46:27source document
John Hartz
John Hartz
john.hartz@hotmail...

The document cited by caracoid in his first point (above) is:

U.S. Senate Minority Report: More Than 700 International Scientists Dissent Over  Man-Made Global Warming Claims

Scientists Continue to Debunk “Consensus” in 2008 & 2009

Has this report been specifically addressed in a SkS rebuttal and/or article?