2011-06-24 02:07:30On The Hijacking of the American Meteorological Society (AMS) -- Bill Gray (WUWT)
John Hartz
John Hartz
john.hartz@hotmail...

The following was posted a few minutes ago on the comment thread to Climate Change: Public Skeptical, Scientists Sure

Joseph Neubauer (jbn1) wrote:

"Their upper tropospheric water vapor feedback loop is grossly wrong. They assume that increases in atmospheric CO2 will cause large upper-tropospheric water vapor increases which are very unrealistic. Most of their model warming follows from these invalid water vapor assumptions. Their handlings of rainfall processes are quite inadequate.
They lack an understanding and treatment of the fundamental role of the deep ocean circulation (i.e. Meridional Overturning Circulation – MOC) and how the changing ocean circulation (driven by salinity variations) can bring about wind, rainfall, and surface temperature changes independent of radiation and greenhouse gas changes. These ocean processes are not properly incorporated in their models. They assume the physics of global warming is entirely a product of radiation changes and radiation feedback processes. They neglect variations in global evaporation which is more related to surface wind speed and ocean minus surface and air temperature differences. These are major deficiencies."

The source of the above quote is On The Hijacking of the American Meteorological Society (AMS) posted by Bill Gray on WUWT on June  16, 2011. 

Has anyone seen any rebuttal's to Gray's article?

I'm going to check the AMS website to see if it has responded.

2011-06-24 02:53:40
Albatross
Julian Brimelow
stomatalaperture@gmail...

Badger, the AMS is a highl;y repsected and serious scinetific organization.  That they are now reorting to "attacking" the AMS is depsicable.

Gray has gone emeritus alright-- apity becasue he has done some good science in the past.

2011-06-24 03:00:04
Albatross
Julian Brimelow

Gray, "This small organized group of AGW sympathizers has indeed hijacked our society."

Interesting, and note the hyperbole.  You know what, he is going to try and sabotage the AMS statemtn on AGW just like  a small group of dissenters did in the Royal Met Soc.

Time for me to finally join the AMS-- I was plannig on doing so, but this is a good motivator.

2011-06-24 03:03:43
Albatross
Julian Brimelow

Gray, "The AGW biases within the AMS policy makers is so entrenched that it would be impossible for well known and established scientists (but AGW skeptics) such as Fred Singer, Pat Michaels, Bill Cotton, Roger Pielke, Sr., Roy Spencer, John Christie, Joe D’Aleo, Bob Balling, Jr., Craig Idso, Willie Soon, etc. to ever be able to receive an AMS award – irrespective of the uniqueness or brilliance of their research"

OMG, thank God I was not drinking my coffee when I read that! LOL.  He can't even spell "Christy's" name correctly.

2011-06-24 03:16:47Albatross
John Hartz
John Hartz
john.hartz@hotmail...

I am quite aware of the AMS and its evolving roll in the climate change "debate." 

Bill Gray hans't been in the news for quite awhile. A few years ago, Logical Science critiqued his stance on climate change in William M. Gray Ph.D.

2011-06-24 03:22:25
nealjking

nealjking@gmail...

I think we're observing not-so-early-onset Alzheimer's.

2011-06-24 03:22:27
Albatross
Julian Brimelow

Thanks for the link Badger.