2011-05-26 11:35:21Lomborg in Danish Television
Svatli

svatli@gmail...

I was listening (and watching - more listening though) to Bjorn Lomborg at the Danish television just now. I have listened to him before, but now I've got this strange feeling that he was some kind of a Monckton, only younger and more cunning...

He uses a lot of bold statements (as does Monckton) and smirks a lot when he is talking and making arguments about how much money he things has been wasted in some kind of environmental issue which he doesn't like... But his statements are, in my opinion, very arguable if not even plain wrong, but he (like Monckon) likes to just throw his arguments out as an absolute truth. He uses a lot of "you could buy so and so many hospitals" or "save 30.000 lives" if we did things the way he thinks is the best...which is by not doing as has been done...but nothing in stead (which I thing is a strange argument). 

But the arguments he makes aren't more than his own statements about and his own interpretation of the issues at hand - in my opinion. It could be interesting to get an opinion from some danish speaking about this...the program was on DR2 this evening, and I thing he is about to speak about climate in the next program, see Der er noget galt i Danmark. This program is in 6 parts and it seems like his own interpretation of the Danish history and his opinion about the mistake made in the last 50 years or so...you can see the programs on the site, but it's all in danish.