2011-04-25 10:05:09Primal scream!
logicman

logicman_alf@yahoo.co...

My apologies - just need to let off some steam!

Back in the 1950s when I was a very young child I learned at school that oil and coal were formed over millions of years and that they stayed in the ground for millions more years.  I also learned that in the age of dinosoars the world was a totally different-looking place and not fit for human habitation.

In later studies I learned that the millenial-scale sequestering by nature of CO2 changed the climate entirely.

Taking all that CO2 out of the atmosphere changed the entire face of the planet, making it the green planet we all know and love.

And still there are idiots who are spending huge sums of money to convince the electorate and the executive that not putting all the CO2 back into the atmosphere will be bad for the economy and may even cost jobs.

My flabber is totally gasted!

/end rant

2011-04-25 11:09:51
citizenschallenge
Peter Miesler
citizenschallenge7@gmail...

I hear the echo all the way over here, oh no, wait a minute, that's me screaming.

;-)

PS.  did you dig up anything something regarding noconsensus.org attack and if someone is confronting them?

2011-04-26 13:32:37
perseus

owlsmoor@googlemail...

also learned that in the age of dinosoars the world was a totally different-looking place and not fit for human habitation.

I'm not convinced about this, why could humans not survive, post Cambrian?  Oxygen levels were more than enough, temperatures may have been high on some occasions, but survivable outside the hottest humid zones.

The problem today is that human civilisation has become extremly dependent upon a highly stable climatic state due to its high population levels, associated high food demand and politically restricted location of habitat, particularily along coastal locations.