2011-04-19 06:46:05launching Lindzen Illusions
dana1981
Dana Nuccitelli
dana1981@yahoo...

We're ready to launch Lindzen Illusions.  Go here and call dibs if you want to respond to any of Lindzen's recent radio interview quotes.

2011-04-19 08:25:26
Albatross
Julian Brimelow
stomatalaperture@gmail...

Dana,

Just in case you missed it form the "General Chat thread".  I am going to work on the abridged version of the Evans rebuttal later tonight.

"Hi Dana and James,

James you did a sterling job!  I found only a couple of small differences-- nothing major at all, and nothing that would change the meaning of what Lindzen was saying.

I would suggest changing this:

“If nothing else changed, adding the amount of CO2 that we've added thus far should account for maybe a quarter of what we've seen.”

To this:

“OK, if nothing else changed, adding the amount of CO2 that we have added thus far should account for maybe a quarter of what we have seen, we have added some other greenhouse gases, methane, fluorocarbons, freons, this sort of thing, and that should bring one to perhaps 0.5 C.”

And consider speaking to these beauties: 

Lindzen:

“Oh sure, these people [presumably referring to Australian politicians wanting to implement a Carbon tax) are being grotesquely dishonest”

Lindzen: 

…..I mean I think that even Flannery acknowledged that Australia do this will have no discernible impact for virtually a millennium, even if Australia’s output during that millennium was increasing exponentially.”

Interviewer:

“…..we keep getting told the polar caps are melting, what is the true evidence connected to that?”

Lindzen's reply:

“None, you know it is again an issue of defining what you are talking about…in the North Pole...."

Interviewer:

“What do you think we’ll be saying in 40 years time and looking back at this period of alarm?”

Lindzen's reply:

“….oh I think it will definitely fall into, you know, the category of popular delusions.  People will look at wonder at this age and wonder how science broke down, and in a period of technological advance that the public could be swayed by arguments that make no sense, and get hysterical over it.”

Lindzen: 

“For a lot of people it is also something I call “the quest for cheap virtue”, people need a cause…and they sorta feel puffed up by having a cause like saving the Earth, and they don’t really care that they are hurting people, that they may be involved in an immoral cause, and so on, they’re perfectly happy to just go along with it because they were told it’s virtuous.”

2011-04-19 09:14:11thanks
dana1981
Dana Nuccitelli
dana1981@yahoo...

Thanks Alby, I added those quotes to the Lindzen Illusions forum.

Just let me know when you're done abridging Evans.  I'll have a look and submit it to the National Post.

2011-04-22 02:41:201989
dana1981
Dana Nuccitelli
dana1981@yahoo...

In the comments to LI #1, user Jimbo linked to a 1989 talk Lindzen gave, where he made some really wrong statements.  I think we should incorporate these into the LIs where possible to show he's been consistently wrong for over 20 years.  I'll post suggestions in the LI forum.