2011-04-05 06:12:42What's the deal with Donna Laframboise's focused attack on scientists?
citizenschallenge
Peter Miesler
citizenschallenge7@gmail...

What's the deal with nofrakkingconsensus & Donna Laframboise? 

{I know attack the messenger - ignore the message}

I'm getting clobbered with stuff from this website, i have sent a few emails out to specific scientists mentioned, but have received no replies.

Can anyone point me to resources, what I've been able to dig up on the internet is disappointing.  {another one of those echo-machine overwhelming search engine issues.}

2011-04-05 06:37:40Kovats S = Kovats RS
logicman

logicman_alf@yahoo.co...

Donna Laframboise is expressing concerns because she can't find out how qualified Sari Kovats is to express opinions on climate impacts.  This, despite the fact that D L isn't anywhere near as qualified to express an educated opinioon on climate-related topics.  D L seems also to be somewhat lacking in basic research skills.

http://noconsensus.org/about.php

"NOconsensus.org believes everyone has a right to participate in this discussion - even scientists who work for oil companies."

But Sari Kovats doesn't have that right, apparently.

Sari Kovats BA MSc PhD - cited in papers as Kovats S or Kovats RS - is highly qualified:

Sari Kovats is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Social and Environmental Research in the Faculty of Public Health and Policy. She has been actively researching the effects of weather and climate on human health for more than 15 years and has published widely on this topic; including 60 peer-reviewed journal papers and more than 20 book chapters. Her particular areas of interest include health impact assessment of climate change and epidemiological studies of the effects of climate, weather and weather events in urban and rural populations.

Sari is co-chair of the Global Assessment on the Health Impacts of Climate Change, a multi-country initiative supported by the World Health Organization.

More >>> ( much, much more!)

http://www.lshtm.ac.uk/people/kovats.sari

hth  :)

2011-04-05 14:42:12
citizenschallenge
Peter Miesler

I got that stuff and she's definitately someone to be respected. 

I was even a wise ass and posted a list of her 45 published papers.  But, I'm frustrated not being able to comment on her supposedly missing thesis and early accomplishments that got her recruited by the IPCC.  I've actually emailed her, twice now and will probably try one last time, but I realize she's a busy person, may never even see the emails or may not have time, interest, or trust to reply - and I can't blame her for it.

But I sure would like to be able to have a better comeback for my denialist pal.  

2011-04-06 04:24:54
logicman

logicman_alf@yahoo.co...

This attack on a scientist is a very serious matter that needs to be addressed.

I'll send out some emails and see what I can find out.

The climate change deniers must be really desparate to find "evidence" in support of their ideas. 

Could attacking the reputation of an expert on the medical effects of climate change on humans be a precursor to a campaign to "prove" that global warming won't harm humans?

2011-04-06 05:56:32
citizenschallenge
Peter Miesler

logicman,

that would be very cool.  and if you get anything please do share. Because I'm enrages by some of the slanderous crap I've heard from denialists and I would love to fight back (with fingers on the keyboard to be sure).

Peter Miesler

citizenschallenge.pm@gmail.com

2011-04-06 13:46:19
citizenschallenge
Peter Miesler

Oh while I'm at it anyone got links to the story behind Thompson and Jacoby supposedly refusing to share ice core data, or presenting an abbreviated record and refuse to share the rest?