2011-03-09 10:11:58Image permission use from logicman
John Cook

john@skepticalscience...

Just got this email:

Daniel Bailey,

if you - or any author here - find any of my images or articles of use on skepticalscience.com, please do feel free to copy and paste.

I know that credit will be given, so no need to ask permission - just do it.

Best regards,
Patrick Lockerby,
aka logicman.

Is anyone here familiar with Patrick's work? I haven't seen his site.

2011-03-09 11:24:58
Daniel Bailey
Daniel Bailey
yooper49855@hotmail...

Patrick Lockerby has a blog that is perhaps the best source for topical information and insight on the Arctic outside of Neven's Arctic Ice blog.

I believe he's offering the use of any of his posts on his blog for reprint here at Skeptical Science.  He has a bunch of good ones.  He's a wealth of knowledge.

PS: His health has been so-so; his blog went silent for months this fall.  This might be his way of offering up re-use of his articles in case he's no longer around to ask for permission (sorry to be so morbid).

2011-03-09 13:01:02Reposting Patrick's posts
John Cook

john@skepticalscience...

Well, if any authors think one of Patrick's blog posts are ideal for reposting at SkS and want to make it happen, add it as a blog post then let me know and I'll tweak it so it comes up under Patrick's name (and I can email him to let him know).

2011-03-10 12:33:38I've invited Patrick to the forum
John Cook

john@skepticalscience...

I've also suggested he can suggest any old blog posts he'd consider suitable to repost on SkS.

2011-03-10 21:57:46and here I am
logicman

logicman_alf@yahoo.co...

Hello all!

@Daniel: I agree that Neven's blog is a mine of topical information.  He is very self-deprecating, but to my way of thinking he's extremely intelligent and does his best to be scientific. I just posted a guest article by him on my blog.

As to being morbid, it is said that only two things are certain in life: death and taxes.  I've tried taxes.  For all I know, death is better, but I'm in no rush to find out.

Actually, there is a third thing that is certain: any scientist claiming to be certain will get clobbered, peer-review style.

@John: thanks for inviting me here - I'll try to keep up the site's high standards.