2011-12-12 04:47:17Morano's A-Z Guide
DSL

dsleaton@gmail...

Morano now has his a A-Z guide to the Great Global Warming Hoax out on Depot/CFACT.  Perhaps it's time to take a closer look at Morano's claims and reveal the extent of his cherry-picking and misinformational activities.  It could simply be an alternative navigation page linking Morano claims with SkS articles (with a bit of explanation to connect the SkS article with the specific claim and point out the ethical and cognitive weaknesses in Morano's approach).  Don't look at me!  It's finals week, and I have a ton of grading to do . . . though I may have time next week.  Ideas?  It's important to address the A-Z collection because it will undoubtedly become the monolith for the australopithecine anti-science bloggers to point newbs to.

2011-12-12 06:15:17
Daniel Bailey
Daniel Bailey
yooper49855@hotmail...

"though I may have time next week"

Since SkS is a crowd-sourced volunteer forum, those with ideas tend to be the ones to implement them.  Welcome to SkS!  ;)

That being said, perhaps someone can tackle it now or help you in the effort.

2011-12-13 01:39:20
KR

k-ryan@comcast...

I glanced through it - it's a Gish Gallop. I would suggest either letting it slide by, or perhaps do a statistical sampling (pick 7-10?) and show how bad they are. It's not worth the effort.

And, in the spirit of the Debunking handbook, you run the risk of "too many facts", turning off those you wish to convince.