2011-09-05 21:21:52Blog Posts 05 September to 11 September
John Cook

john@skepticalscience...

Mon 05

SkS Weekly Digest #14 (Badgersouth)

Extreme Flooding In 2010-2011 Lowers Global Sea Level (Rob Painting)

Tue 07

OA not OK: Booklet available (Doug)

On Mowing a Virginia Lawn … And Contemplating a Greenland Iceberg (Bud Ward)

Wed 08

Dr. Andrew Dessler's New Paper Debunks Both Roy Spencer And Richard Lindzen (Rob P)

Thur 09

Dessler Demolishes Three Crucial 'Skeptic' Myths (Dana)

Fri 10

Conspiracy Dog-whistling about GRL and the New Dessler Paper (grypo)

Spending A Week Above Arctic Circle On M.S. Fram Off Greenland’s West Coast (Bud Ward)

Sat 11

Lessons from Past Climate Predictions: IPCC TAR (Dana)

Just Desserts, Winning 2011 Eureka Prize (Bern)

Sun 12

Haydn Washington talks Climate Change Denial with Steamy Toad (John)

Pending

CERN - Saying Nothing About Cosmic Ray Effects on Climate (Dana)

Santer et al. Catch Christy Exaggerating (Dana)

Greenhouse Gas: It's not just about CO2 (Mythago)

Treehugger Video #6 (John)

Icelandic translation to the Guide (John)

Not so Permanent Permafrost (Agnostic)

2011-09-05 21:28:46Fluff pieces
John Cook

john@skepticalscience...

Though we usually have 2 posts per day, blog posts like Bud Ward's mowing post, Haydn Washington and Treehugger Video are what I would consider fluff pieces - so if anyone wants to slot a meatier post in those days, sing out (or if you have admin privileges, just shove it in there and publish the post).

2011-09-05 22:54:48
Alex C

coultera@umich...

I am a bit unhappy that the post I had started to work on was included in the weekly report and is still now in the pending section of the weekly listing here.  I had commented in that thread that I would like consideration of its removal from the listing, as I have not had the time to develop the post, and especially with newer stories coming out as from McIntyre accusing the report of, essentially, whitewash.  Posting a summary article of the report would be late by now (my own fault, I reiterate the apologies I said in my post's thread) but also inappropriately timed as well.

Steve has said he is going to follow up on his September 2 post with another supposedly detailing his comments to the NSF when they interviewed him, and I think it prudent to address him.