2011-07-02 11:32:26Taking action on climate change
Rob Painting
Rob
paintingskeri@vodafone.co...

My contribution to this series about personal steps taken by SkS'ers. A bit all over the show, but hey..........

2011-07-02 12:39:11
dana1981
Dana Nuccitelli
dana1981@yahoo...

Awesome Rob, thanks for carrying on the series.  Would you mind changing the title to "Climate Solutions by Rob Painting" to be consistent with mine?  I'm sure John will also request that you add your photo towards the top of the post, since he did for mine.

Your Gilligans Island link goes back to actually thoughtful's post.  I assume that's a mistake.

Technically some of the stuff you mention, while preserving the environment, isn't a climate change issue (i.e. using soapnuts, not buying supermarket fish).  I don't have a problem with talking about it, but you might want to add a note somewhere towards the beggining that some of the things you list aren't climate-related.

Impressive list though.  And a very good post.

2011-07-02 16:13:22
Rob Painting
Rob

OK, amended, but I don't know how to insert the photo like you have Dana. What's the trick there? I've had a bit of a fiddle but no success.

As far as other environmental matters, I think it gets to the heart of the issue - many people have no connection to the environment it's just an abstract notion. Dodging a bullet with climate change, only to have vast oceanic dead zones and an extinction event in full throttle will make survival incredibly difficult. Jellyfish sushi?   

2011-07-04 05:17:47
dana1981
Dana Nuccitelli
dana1981@yahoo...

I added the photo for you.  It's a matter of knowing the correct HTML code, which I don't, so I just copy it from another post with a picture in the appropriate position :-)

Like I said, I don't have a problem with talking about steps you've taken regarding other environmental issues.  I just think you should mention that you're not just talking climate solutions.

Climate Solutions by Rob Painting

2011-07-04 06:03:21
Rob Painting
Rob

Dana, thanks. BTW, I have added that proviso, it's at the bottom of the bullet points.