2011-02-04 16:02:28Admin privileges
John Cook

john@skepticalscience...

These are the things you can do as admin:

• Access SkS Admin: in the left margin, you’ll now see an “Admin” link. This takes you to my admin, where I can update everything. Note – it’s rough and raw, I never made it very snazzy as it was always just for myself
  • Edit Arguments: At the bottom of each argument, you'll see an Edit Argument link. This lets you edit every attribute of the Argument - it's status, it's parent, the skeptic argument, etc.
  • Edit Rebuttals: Beneath each rebuttal, there's an Edit Rebuttal link. This is different to the edit link from the Rebuttal List page - this time it lets you edit every field of the rebuttal database so you can change the assigned user.
  • Edit Forum Posts: you can edit anyone's forum post - there is an Admin Edit in the bottom right corner of every forum post.
  • Edit Comments: as well as the Edit link for moderators, there's also an Admin Edit link. This lets you edit all fields for a comment, including the comment status and moderator (eg - to restore a deleted comment)
  • Edit Footnotes: at the bottom of rebuttals, there are various footnotes like 'Further Viewing' and 'Further Reading'. These now feature an Admin Edit link.
  • Access this forum: You can't see this Admin forum unless your account is upgraded to Admin status! :-)
2011-02-04 16:45:07He-Man
dana1981
Dana Nuccitelli
dana1981@yahoo...
I just had a flashback to the cartoon He-Man.  Ever see that?  "I have the power!"
2011-02-04 17:14:43Power
John Cook

john@skepticalscience...

Just remember the words of the ancient wise man: "With great power comes great responsibility"

No wait, that was Spiderman.

2011-02-04 23:24:52Hello
James Wight

jameswight@southernphone.com...
Well, I can see this forum. I am currently unable to access the SkS Admin though.
2011-02-05 08:39:55Glitch
John Cook

john@skepticalscience...
Dang, I set this admin forum level at 'admin' rather than 'super admin'. Now fixed. Also, hadn't updated your account yet - have been away from the computer. Doing so now...
2011-02-05 09:53:19questions
dana1981
Dana Nuccitelli
dana1981@yahoo...

So a couple questions.

1) Can I edit blog post comments?  For example, in the latest Case Study post, a guy named protestant posted a graph larger than 450 pixels.  I couldn't figure out how to edit it though.

2) Do we have the ability to change the forum topic colors to green when a blog post has been published?

2011-02-05 10:38:34Yes and yes
John Cook

john@skepticalscience...

Blog comments, you should now see an ADMIN EDIT link directly below the comment.

Forum posts, you should now see a Update Status form at the top of the forum thread.

NOTE: I've just upgraded Doug Bostrom to Superadmin. Doug has helped with much of the coding of the website to make it more hack-proof and also set up an external back up system so the website gets backed up daily onto his server in Seattle. So Doug has all the website passwords.

The goal with this forum is two-fold. To make SkS more effective by removing the bottle-neck of having to wait for me to do everything. Second, if I get hit by a bus, Skeptical Science should be able to continue.